The Motion Designer is instrumental in executing the vision and direction of the Art Director (AD) or Senior Motion Designer. Their job is to take the concepts and direction they are given and breathe life into them, bringing them from paper to screen. They are responsible for helping to concept as well as creating the final output of any design or animation that will ultimately be a client deliverable. Their primary focus will be on design and motion but they are expected to be able to translate their designs into a multitude of CastNET templates when required. They must ensure that all technical and creative requirements have been met and that the piece fulfills its objective and is completed on time. They are also expected to contribute to the collaborative process including concepting and critiquing their own work as well as that of their peers. The Motion Designer should also constantly be looking for ways to improve the creative process, pipeline, and implementation of the department and bring these ideas to the attention of the Art Director.
This role requires strong creative, communication, and time management skills. The Motion Graphics Designer will be expected to build and maintain a high level of deliverable quality. The role requires a strong understanding of creative project pipeline, an in depth knowledge of 2D animation principles, a basic knowledge of 3D animation principles, and delivery methodologies, including but not limited to file formats, encoders, and variable bitrates. They are expected to be able to ensure quality control through the established policies and procedures as well as package all deliverables for handoff to the Creative Project Manager for final delivery.
As a part of the Creative Team the Motion Designer is expected to constantly be looking for ways to improve the process and procedure through which projects develop and actively participate in departmental discussions and critiques.
Specific duties include:
• Graphic Design
• 2D/3D Animation
• Video Compression / Packaging
• Motion Design
• Video Editing
• Production of final output
• Critiquing Work
• Quality Control
• Scala Design/Coding
• Maintain file naming conventions and folder structure
• Assist and support Sr. Designers and AD with production assets
• Time tracking
• Contribute to creative group meetings
• Occasional client contact
• Occasional night and evening work
• 3+ year of experience in Agency or Studio environment
• 3+ years of experience working as a Motion Designer, Graphic Designer, Animator, or similar position
• Strong written and verbal communicator
• Expert foundation of design principles and color theory
• Strong knowledge of typography, faces and families
• High level of experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
• High level of experience with Media Encoder
• High level of experience with Adobe After Effects
• Experience with 3D software (Cinema 4D)
• Problem solving and prioritization abilities
• Ability to learn and master new software systems
• Ability to manage deadlines and effectively deliver under tight timelines
• Strong collaborative skills
• Self-motivated independent worker, as wells as team player
• Clear understanding of how a project team operates, their responsibilities throughout a project and what is expected in critiques and team meetings
• Real world creative experience
• Degree in Motion Arts, Videography, or other equivalent preferred.
• Demo Reel and portfolio must demonstrate strong animation skills, design skills, color theory, light theory, audio/video editing
Alpha Video is an Equal Opportunity Employer.