Specific duties include:
• Handling incoming telephone calls and electronically reported issues from customers.
• Accurately describing and maintaining status of each issue entered in a call tracking database.
• Analyzing, testing and resolving digital signage software defects, administration issues and end user training issues, working directly with customers. Engage internal and external Professional Services, AV Service and Development staff as appropriate to bring issues to resolution.
• Assisting in resolving application availability and performance issues.
• Conducting setup of new users of hosted services.
• Assisting in rolling out system updates, with participation in the change control process.
• Developing knowledge of various digital signage software products and new system updates, as they become available.
• Tracking customer assets, and updates, in call tracking database.
• Ability to work an 8 to 9 hour shift on a rotating schedule.
• After hours coverage for critical software and hardware issues as needed and participation in 24x7 on-call schedule.
• Assist with the management and maintenance of various internal and externally facing windows based servers.
• Properly manage customer expectations and customer relationships within the boundaries dictated by policy and process.
• Help maintain the FAQ database, and independently contribute to the knowledge base.
• Participate and lead ongoing internal training efforts.
• Assist with testing newly released software packages and updates.
• Previous experience supplying customer support for an organization that delivered web-based enterprise applications, digital signage applications or content management systems.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to prioritize and assign or inherit tasks as they are reported to the help desk.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with implementation of Web Applications.
• Basic Windows Administration Skills.
• Basic Network Administration Skills.
• Basic Database Administration Skills.
• Experience using a call tracking system.
• A background in development or basic programming skills.
• A background in A/V technologies.
• Experience managing IIS Servers.
• Database Administration experience.
Alpha Video is an Equal Opportunity Employer.